Day2 Alliance and Bluesanct had a long standing tradition of getting everyone together to make birthday gifts for each other, usually involving some sort of collection of interpretations of each others songs and that sort of thing.
The result of these gift releases is a large archive of really beautiful recordings documenting a family of artists interacting with each other's art. I am really proud of these.
This compilation was recorded for Mark Trecka (of static films) for his 17th birthday... in an edition of 17 copies (only 12 of which I think were actually dubbed).
It contains some very special tracks, almost entirely exclusive to this day! It also contains an extremely diverse group of performers, including Vir (ex-lovesliescrushing w/ k.joy of FuscilLage on vocals), an alternate mix of 'Under the Maud Moon' (here titled 'Galway Kinnell song'), and guest vocals on a very rare (ink) track by Mat Devine (of Kill Hannah).
I am super excited that this almost entirely unheard collection is finally up and available, some 15 years later!
-Mkl Anderson, February 2015
Included in the download is a PDF of the original cassette artwork, as well as the original hidden bonus track by Also, entitled 'oxygen'
released September 18, 1999
• (C-60) = ltd to 17 copies
• DIGITAL = unlimited
digital re-release 18 February 2015
from the original liner notes:
BlueSanct Musak and In Stillness present:
8:44 - [Minmae] - silver lining 1
4:00 - static films - Galway Kinnell song
3:12 - (ink) - spinning
8:00 - Drekka - starry-eyed
6:04 - static films - song w/ no name
3:46 - Encre Potable - Tear the nerves out
2:21 - (ink) - 85lbs and dropping
9:24 - [Minmae] - silver lining 2
6:04 - Vir - Dapur
2:57 - In Stillness - Live the Lonely
all tracks written by static films (m.fields) except:
02. lyrics by galway kinnell, music by m.fields/d.tesnow/m.anderson
03./07. lyrics adapted by k.grieve from m.fields
04. lyrics adapted by m.anderson from m.fields
05. music by m.fields/d.tesnow
09. written by Vir (m.anderson/s.cortez/m.fields/k.joy/d.nelson)
01. performed, produced, and mixed by Sean Brooks and whoever else is in [Minmae]
02. performed live by m.fields/d.tesnow/m.anderson/k.grieve. produced and mixed by m.anderson
03. performed, produced, and mixed by k.grieve
04. performed, produced, and mixed by m.anderson
05. performed live by m.fields/d.tesnow. produced and mixed by m.anderson
06. performed by k.grieve/m.anderson. produced and mixed by m.anderson
07. performed by k.grieve/m.anderson/m.devine. produced and mixed by m.anderson/k.grieve
08. performed, produced, and mixed by Sean Brooks and whoever else is in [Minmae]
09. performed by m.anderson/s.cortez/m.fields/k.joy/d.nelson. collated, produced, and mixed by m.anderson
10. performed by d/tesnow. produced and mixed by m.anderson
conceived by doug tesnow, and executed by michael anderson as a birthday gift for mark trecka 1999. performed, mixed, and compiled at 3rd Hermitage Floor and ignorant noise, Chicago, except:
01./08/ recorded and mixed in San Diego
07. partially recorded at KHHQ, Chicago.
09. recorded in scenic Arlington Heights
all tracks previously unreleased and recorded mostly exclusively for this comp. much love to mark, sorry this is so late. we tried.
ltd to 17 copies and not for sale. cat.no.INRI056x